- Receive the title request: The Closing Department opens
a file, and begins collecting information for the closing.
- Perform the title search: The Attorney conducts a search
of the County’s Registry of Deeds and Probate records
to determine who owns the property; the liens or attachments
on the property; and if there are any easements, covenants
and restrictions on how the owner can use the property.
- Schedule the closing for a convenient date and time with
- Prepare the Closing Disclosure and other closing
- Conduct the closing: sign all pertinent legal documents,
including deeds, mortgages, lender documents and state forms.
We prepare recordable documents for the Registry of Deeds.
- Collect and disburse all closing funds for the charges
collected on the Closing Disclosure.
- After the documents are recorded, we will issue the title
below to obtain a checklist to help you prepare for the closing/settlement